Notion Ink Adam a Scam?!
You all know that all of us here at androidandtablets.com are great Notion Ink Adam fans. However recent events (or rather non-events) have made us all wonder if Notion Ink Adam is after all vaporware at best, a deliberate scam at worst.
- Pre-order of Notion Ink Adam started in early December (and what a shambles that was)
- Money was taken from the credit cards end of December, beginning of January.
- The first shipments of the pre-ordered Notion Ink Adam’s was supposed to start around January 9.
- The Notion Ink Adam was showed off at CES January 9 – 11 and received really good reviews. We saw it and wrote about it, and we were extremely impressed.
Now we are one week after CES and (as far as we know) no unites have been shipped. The CEO of Notion Ink has made a blogpost saying that there have been delays in receiving the final FCC and CE numbers, and that has caused delays in Notion Ink Adam. However, in the same blogpost he also said that people in countries not needing FCC / CE approval have received their Notion Ink Adam’s:
- If actually someone would have received their pre-ordered Notion Ink Adam, you would have expected some sort of post / tweet/ whatever showing off their beloved “first born”. But not a peep!
- In an email from support at Notion Ink they say that no Notion Ink Adam’s will be shipped before they have the correct FCC / CE numbers.
- Nowhere on the FCC site is there any references to Notion Ink nor the CEO of Notion Ink having made any FCC applications.
So, based on the above – we here at androidandtablets.com are starting to worry about if Notion Ink Adam is a scam after all. We sincerely hope that, that is not the case – but for every day that passes by and no information forth-coming from Notion Ink, it looks worse and worse.
What is your take on the Notion Ink Adam situation? Replies in the commets please!